Who We Are
We exist to:
CHANGE THE WORLD
We strive to embody Jesus by:
- being welcoming for all peoples and generations;
- being authentic in our pursuit and embrace of our community;
- being extravagant in sharing the gifts God has given us;
- worshipping with an inspiring passion;
- and being a trusted partner for all who seek God's redemption.
As a United Methodist Church we share a common heritage with all Christians. According to our foundational statement of beliefs in The Book of Discipline, we share the following basic affirmations in common with all Christian communities:
God, who is one, is revealed in three distinct persons.
The Holy Spirit is God's present activity in our midst. When we sense God's leading, God's challenge, or God's support or comfort, it's the Holy Spirit at work.
Genesis 1:27 asserts that we've been made in the image of the Creator. Like God we have the capacity to love and care, to communicate, and to create.
The church is the body of Christ, an extension of Christ’s life and ministry in the world today.
We believe that the Bible is the primary authority for our faith and practice.
The kingdom or reign of God is both a present reality and future hope.